There are presently no open calls for submissions.
AdventureKEEN is a nonfiction publisher of books on a wide range of subjects, including adventure, outdoors, travel, nature, local history, sports, and more. Our imprints are Adventure Publications, Clerisy Press, Menasha Ridge Press, Nature Study Guides, The Unofficial Guides, and Wilderness Press.
Please review our latest catalog before submitting: http://adventurewithkeen.com/catalog/We do not publish novels, short stories, or poetry, so please do not submit proposals in these genres. In addition, there are a host of other nonfiction subjects that are not our specialty so please familiarize yourself with our company and the types of books we publish before submitting.
At this time, we are not interested in works of memoir, fiction, poetry, or photo essays. We only rarely publish children's stories, and they must have full-color photographs and pertain directly to nature and the outdoors. We also do not accept distribution titles.
All submissions to AdventureKEEN need the following elements:
• A short cover letter that describes your idea and why you think your book should be published. Provide examples of similar books that are currently on the market; then tell us how yours is going to be different. Who is your target audience? Are you an expert on the subject matter of your book? What are your credentials, including sales numbers from previous books?
• A one-page synopsis of your book
• One sample chapter
• An outline or table of contents
• Tentative size/format and page count for your book
• An outline of anticipated maps, illustrations, and photos. If photography is an important component of your book, send us a few images.
• A brief (300 words or less) author biography
• A list of media contacts who may be interested in your book. Indicate whether or not you know these contacts.
• A list of promotional ideas that may aid in the sale of your book
If you are interested in beginning the submissions process, please click the button below to go to the forms and get started. Please submit only to one imprint, the one that you think is the best fit for your manuscript.