Clerisy Press publishes books with both a universal appeal and a distinct sense of place. Founded by Richard Hunt in 2006, Clerisy Press later merged with Menasha Ridge Press to form Keen Communications, and then became part of the AdventureKEEN family in 2015. Clerisy’s titles cover topics such as local history, sports, hometown adventure, travel, business, and more. We invite you to familiarize yourself with Clerisy Press to make sure that your book proposal is a good fit for this imprint.
At this time, we are not interested in works of memoir, fiction,
poetry, or photo essays. We only rarely publish children's stories, and
they must have full-color photographs and pertain directly to nature and
the outdoors. We also do not accept distribution titles.
All submissions to AdventureKEEN need the following elements:
A short cover letter that describes your idea and why you think your
book should be published. Provide examples of similar books that are
currently on the market; then tell us how yours is going to be
different. Who is your target audience? Are you an expert on the subject
matter of your book? What are your credentials, including sales numbers
from previous books?
• A one-page synopsis of your book
• One sample chapter
• An outline or table of contents
• Tentative size/format and page count for your book
An outline of anticipated maps, illustrations, and photos. If
photography is an important component of your book, send us a few
• A brief (300 words or less) author biography
• A list of media contacts who may be interested in your book. Indicate whether or not you know these contacts.
• A list of promotional ideas that may aid in the sale of your book